England will try to better their semi-final finish at last year’s T20 World Cup. The England Cricket Team will enter the upcoming World Cup with a new skipper as Eoin Morgan has already retired from the game. Jos Butler will lead the team in this tournament. England have been placed in Group 1 of the Super 12s round along with the likes of Australia, New Zealand, and Afghanistan. The ODI World Cup Champions will begin their T20 WC 2022 campaign with a clash against Afghanistan in Perth. They won the ODI World Cup in 2019 and will try their best to win the T20 World Cup too. In this article, we will take a look at England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
Brief Analysis of England T20 World Cup 2022 Squad
- Explosive batsman Jos Buttler has been appointed as the captain of the team for T20 WC.
- This will be his first global tournament as captain. He took over captaincy from Eoin Morgan, who retired from international cricket earlier in the year.
- Jason Roy misses out from the 15-man squad after a poor run for his national team and in The Hundred. Since the T20 World Cup in 2021, Roy played in 11 T20Is and was able to score only 206 runs at 18.72.
- In place of him, England preferred to include Phil Salt, who made his T20I debut earlier this year.
- T20 specialist Dawid Malan has also been recalled to the T20 WC squad after performing in England’s recent series against South Africa.
- England included Jonny Bairstow in the squad but he has been ruled out after he suffered a lower limb injury in a freak accident while playing golf.
- In place of Jonny Bairstow, batsman Alex Hales has been included in England’s ICC Men’s T20 World Cup squad.
- Tymal Mills didn’t make it to the main squad but has been included in the list of travelling reserve along with Liam Dawson and Richard Gleeson.
Fast bowling duo of Mark Wood and Chris Woakes have been included in 15-member squad after they recovered from their respective injuries.
England T20 World Cup 2022 Squad
— England Cricket (@englandcricket) September 2, 2022
England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022
- Jos Buttler (c) : – This will be his first global tournament as the captain. Buttler has been quite aggressive in his batting since the last few months and specially in the IPL. He is the one of the best openers at the present moment. Jos will be the first name in England Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Alex Hales :- There was a time when Alex Hales comes in the list of the pioneers of T20 cricket. He has been selected in the T20 squad after three long years. He was not named in the initial squad announced by ECB. He has came in place of Jonny Bairstow who has been ruled out due to an injury.
- Dawid Malan :- Dawid Malan remains the most under-rated batsman in T20 cricket. The reason is that he has been unable to prove himself in the IPL. It would give free space to players like Buttler, Moeen Ali if Malan plays in the middle order.
- Liam Livingstone :- He might prove to be the most valuable player for England at the ICC T20 World Cup 2022. Along with explosive batting, he also offers a few overs of leg-spin and off-spin. He is a complete package for the T20 format. He can bowl in tandem with Moeen.
- Moeen Ali :- Besides his explosive batting, he might prove to be a big threat to the top order batsmen if he gets the opportunity to bowl in the power play overs. Moeen Ali has been brought to his best after playing for Chennai Super Kings in the IPL.
- Ben Stokes :- Here comes the player for the big matches. There have been many matches in the past when Stokes stood alone and fought in every crunch situation. Ben Stokes can be a good option to provide a stable middle order batting and also offers 2 to 3 overs of pace bowling in every game. His all rounder abilities gets him a place in England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Sam Curran :- The youngster has enough talent to fit in the team’s balance and ticks all the boxes. Sam has enough pace to strike laser-guided yorkers at the death. He can bat as well. CSK used him as a floater for pinch-hitting. England can also do the same thing.
- David Willey :- In the T20 World Cup 2021, Mark Wood played just one match and leaked 47 runs against South Africa. The selectors should prefer David Willey over him. He will be a suitable pick for England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Chris Jordan :- Jordan has been selected in the T20 Squad for his experience. He has played for a lot of top teams across the globe. Chris Jordan can be bestowed with the responsibility of death bowling.
- Reece Topley :- England have limited options in the pace department. Jofra Archer is not available for selection. The management went with Chris Woakes in the last edition of T20 World Cup. Reece Topley impressed with his performances against Pakistan and might get a place in England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
- Adil Rashid :- He is the only complete spinner in the team and therefore he is all set to get a place in England Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.