UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE 2020-21 FINAL : MANCHESTER UNITED VS VILLARREAL
Premier League giants Manchester United will face La Liga club Villarreal in the final of Europa League on May 27, 2021. See the match details, team news and probable starting XI of both teams.
Manchester United vs Villarreal Match Details
Competition : UEFA Europa League 2020-21 Final
Date : May 27, 2021
Time : 12:30 AM (IST)
Venue : Gdansk Stadium (Stadion Energa) Gdansk, Poland.
Manchester United vs Villarreal TEAM NEWS
Scott McTominay and Fred will be available despite coming off with knocks in the draw against Fulham on Tuesday. However Anthony Martial has not yet recover from a knee injury in time. Coach Ole has said that Harry Maguire will not be fit to play in the Europa League final against Villareal next week.
Although Villarreal have no serious injuries, Emery, however, might be without Samuel Chukwueze. Juan Foyth is in a race against time to be fit for Wednesday’s Final. Vicente Iborra continues to be on the treatment table nursing a long term cruciate ligament injury that he sustained back in December.
Manchester United vs Villarreal Probable Starting XI
We have presented the probable starting lineups for both the teams. It is highly anticipated that Manchester United and Villarreal will lineup in the following formation as stated below. However some changes may occur.
Manchester United Probable Starting XI vs Villarreal
- GK- De Gea : He made a string of saves to keep Roma out in the first leg of semi final. It is most likely that De Gea will start at such an important occasion.
- RB – Wan-Bissaka : He is energetic, but was booked in the semi final. Although he will start surely but will have to play with a little care.
- CB – Eric Bailly : Harry Maguire suffered an ankle injury earlier this month. Ole has also said that he is unlikely to be available for the finals. So Victor Lindelöf and Eric Bailly partnering together in central defence.
- CB – Victor Lindelöf : Another centre back will be Victor. In absence of captain Harry Maguire, he will have the responsibility for defence of the team.
- LB – Luke Shaw : He was substituted at the break against Roma but being the crucial player he will start in the final.
- CDM – Nemanja Matic : Coach Ole might go for Donny van de Beek also. But in finals, the experience of Matic might be useful.
- CDM – Fred : He picked up a booking against Roma. Mc Tominay is just another option in defensive midfield. Let’s see with whom the coach will go.
- RM – Marcus Rashford : Mason Greenwood has impressed with his performances and is pushing for inclusion on the back of prolific recent form, but Solskjær may opt in favour of Marcus Rashford’s greater experience.
- CAM – Bruno Fernandes : Bruno just won the Sir Matt Busby Award for second consecutive year. He will be the first player to have his name in the starting XI.
- LM – Paul Pogba : Pogba has found back his form and is looking happy at Manchester United. It is most likely that Ole will go with Pogba at the left wing.
- ST – Edinson Cavani : Cavani just signed new contract with Manchester United. His amazing performance against Roma in the semi final cannot be forgotten. He will definitely start at the forward position.
Villarreal Probable Starting XI vs Manchester United
- GK – Rulli/Asenjo : Probably Sergio Asenjo will be manning the goal for Villarreal in the finals. Rulli has looked short of match practice, however, which could prompt Emery to go with Sergio Asenjo.
- RB – Juan Foyth : Juan Foyth faces a familiar rival as the clash is anticipated to be a thriller.
- CB – Raul Albiol : After his return from Serie A, he is more competitive, smarter, oozing leadership, brilliant in the air, and looking several years younger than his passport age.
- CB – Pau Torres : The 24-year-old centre-back has attracted attention from several of Europe’s leading lights. He will be keeping the defence with veteran Albiol.
- LB – Alfonso Pedraza : The 25-year-old can produce a complete performance. Alfonso Pedraza will be lining up at left back along with both the defencers.
- RM – Francis Coquelin: Coquelin who only featured from the bench last time out, ought to start on in midfield against United.
- LM – Manu Trigueros : Manu Trigueros, having played in central midfield last time out, ought to move out to the right wing in Chukwueze’s absence.
- CM – Dani Parejo : Parejo has been the signing of the season for Unai Emery. He will try and create openings for his attacking teammates.
- CM – Etienne Capoue : He missed the second leg due to suspension, but now he will be controlling the midfield in the finals.
- ST – Gerard Moreno : Moreno is a regular starter for the team. The coach will have to decide who gets to start alongside Moreno in the attack.
- ST – Carlos Bacca : Paco Alcácer has scored six goals in the competition this term but the two-time Europa League winner Carlos Bacca impressed in the team’s last two Liga matches.
Manchester United vs Villarreal Live Streaming
The UEFA Europa League 2020-21 final between Manchester United and Villarreal will kick off at 12:30 am IST on Thursday, May 27. Stay tuned with us to watch Manchester United vs Villarreal Live Streaming Free Online.