Pakistan have earned themselves a spot among the top T20 teams in the last few years. They have been placed in Group 2 of the Super 12s round along with the likes of India, Bangladesh and South Africa. The team will begin their T20 WC 2022 campaign with a clash against India in Melbourne. In this article, we will take a look at Pakistan Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022.
Pakistan name their 15-member squad for the T20 World Cup 🇵🇰
Fakhar Zaman only makes the reserves! pic.twitter.com/pdFztPzpqb
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) September 15, 2022
Brief Analysis of Pakistan T20 World Cup 2022 Squad
- Superstar batsman Babar Azam has been appointed as the captain of the team for T20 WC.
- Shadab Khan has been appointed the deputy of Babar for the tournament.
Fierce fast bowler Shaheen Shah Afridi has returned to the Pakistan’s squad after being out due to injury.
Shan Masood has been included in the Pakistan T20 World cup Squad and might make his T20I debut in this tournament.
- Haider Ali has also been recalled to the squad. His last appearance for the team in T20 came in December 2021.
- In a major twist, Fakhar Zaman didn’t get a place in the main squad and has been sidelined to the reserves after a knee injury.
- There was some buzz about veteran Shoaib Malik but unfortunately he has not been recalled.
- Masood has earned a call to play his first T20. He was quite impressive in the T20 Blast in England.
Pakistan Probable Playing 11 for T20 World Cup 2022
- Babar Azam (c) :- The skipper of the team will also lead the team in the batting. He has been criticised for his slow strike rate and will definitely focus to work on it in the upcoming tournament.
- Mohammad Rizwan :- The No.1 T20 batsman, Mohammad Rizwan has been in red hot form. He was the leading run-scorer of the Asia Cup. He is Pakistan’s biggest strength in the batting order.
- Haider Ali :- The 20-year-old youngster has made his spot in the team with good performances.
- Shan Masood :- The team has moved over the likes of Shoaib Malik and Mohammed Haffez. Shan Masoon can provide reliability in middle-order and chip in with some overs.
- Iftikhar Ahmed :- He will be a good choice at no.5 for Pakistan because of his all round abilities with the bat and ball.
- Khushdil Shah :- He will be a good addition to the playing 11. He has lack of experience in international matches but has the ability to be a regular player.
- Asif Ali :- He will be very crucial for Pakistan in the upcoming world Cup. He is an aggressive player who is known for his six hitting abilities.
- Usman Qadir :- He will lead the Pakistan’s spin attack with his leg-break.
- Haris Rauf :- His experience in Big Bash league will give an advantage to Pakistan. He can pick crucial wickets at any stage of the game.
- Naseem Shah :- The young bowler impressed everyone with his performance in the Asia Cup 2022. He is also good with the bat.
- Shaheen Shah Afridi :- The lethal pace is all set to make a comeback to the team. He will be a massive boost for the team.